Monday, January 12, 2015

Introduction to Me!

     Hey everyone!  My name is Jordan  Bennett. I am 18 years old and I am a freshman Psychology major here at Clemson.  I am from Duncan, South Carolina, which is a small town in Spartanburg county.  All my life, I have been surrounded by animals.  Since I could walk, I have been riding horses.  I started out riding English style, which is very proper and meticulous.  A few years later, after I learned the basics of riding and could basically just keep my balance, I started riding Western.  I do have to say, while I still ride with English posture, I learned to appreciate Western saddles a lot more.  Through high school, I took part in High School Rodeo.  My sister and I were together in the Team Roping events.  I also ran the barrel pattern a few times.  My whole world revolves around my schooling and my horses now.  Everything I do reflects on either my passion for riding, or my passion for my future.
   I do not have much experience writing.  I took Dual Credit English 101 and 102 in High School.  It was not near as interesting as I expect this class to be.  Most of our writing was either research or papers on literature.  Also, I have written posts on Facebook of course, and expressed myself on Twitter, so I am excited that we are using Facebook and Blogging to express ourselves in this class.  Being able to resort to our Social Media "Haven" creates incentive to write, in a sense.


This is me and my boyfriend riding our horses, Guinevere and Athena.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jordan!
    I think it's so cool that you're involved with horses that much! I took some horse riding lessons at camp and they tried to introduce us to the styles so, even though it probably wasn't your intention, it was nice to be able to use that knowledge for once! I didn't know that high schools offered courses like English 101 and 102. That's really interesting and I wish my school had offered something like that, even though you said it wasn't that interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your horse! Is she a dapple? because those are my favorite. I used to ride horses, but being from a military family that became difficult. I'll ride my friend's horses here in Clemson occasionally though. Have you ever considered working or volunteering at the Clemson Equestrian Center? I have volunteered there and I also now am taking a practicum where I'm assigned to a broodmare who is due February 7th! Seems like it's right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete